If anyone I know is
heading to Leeds, I always recommend Red’s True BBQ, However, I realised that,
although I normally end up in Red’s with my brother whenever I visit him, I
haven’t actually reviewed it on my blog so today I wanted to talk about latest
trip to the Headingley branch:
I love the motto of Red’s – “let there be meat.” On entry, you are presented with a ‘Meat Bible’ and can choose from a variety of delicious meat dishes. The portions are big, the meat is tender and the atmosphere is one of no-nonsense good food. To start, I chose the swine fries; I am obsessed with pulled pork and sweet potato fries, so I couldn't resist choosing this loaded fries dish, covered in smoked pork, grilled cheese, jalapeños and salsa. It was huge but delicious and bursting full of heat and flavour; the perfect start to my epic meal.
For my main, I couldn't opting for even more pulled pork and chose the Red's Pulled Pork. A huge pile of BBQ pulled pork came with slaw, cracklings and apple sauce. A little like other restaurants, you can choose either two 'humble' sides or one larger 'divine' side. I opted for the giant onion rings and fries; I particuarly love the huge onion rings which are super crispy and gigantic! It's one of my favourite meals at Red's as I love the combination of delicious pulled pork, crispy onion rings and sweet apple sauce.
Red's is definitely a restaurant which thoroughly deserves
its place on the Guide to Leeds. Whilst not being typically Yorkshire, it shows what, for me, Leeds is all about - a great atmosphere, gigantic portions and giving London a run for its money in the quality stakes. It is a restaurant with a very clear branding, which I think is vital for success, as well as a business who evidently believes taste is king.
Have you tried Red's True BBQ? Where else would you recommend to eat in Leeds?
Have you tried Red's True BBQ? Where else would you recommend to eat in Leeds?
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment