To make 6 fruit scones you will need:
8oz self-raising flour
2oz butter
2 tbsp sugar
Handful raisins
1 egg
Milk (if needed)
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and grease a baking tray.
2. Add your flour, sugar and butter to a bowl and rub together with your hands until the mixture is fine and breadcrumb-like.
3. Add a handful of raisins to the mixture. If you wan't to break with tradition, why not try chocolate chips or cranberries?
4. Beat one egg and add to the mixture until fully combined. If the mixture is still a little floury, add some milk.
5. I make my scones without a cutter - simply grab a handful, shape into a ball and flatten onto the tray. Your scones should be about 1 inch high and handled as little as possible.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
As you can see the recipe is unbelievably easy and (I dare say) foolproof. It has the added bonus of being lactose free as you can always add some more egg rather than milk if the mixture needs some more liquid. They are the perfect easy bake for an afternoon tea or treat with a pot of tea, and really quick to make too. Sometimes, the oldies are the goodies!
I ate mine with raspberry jam and double cream on top - Cornwall style. I accompanied it with some tea from my Whittards' teapot and adorable Alice in Wonderland mug I won thanks to my healthy Tea Overnight Oats recipe. Delicious!
Mmm these look gorgeous! My grandma used to make the best scones but I sadly don't have access to her recipe - I might give these a good go though!
ReplyDeletelet me know if you do! xx
DeleteThey were SO tasty!
ReplyDeleteGlad I've inspired you ;)
DeleteThey look amazing, I think I'd be shocked at the amount of I've eaten recently, I'm obsessed, plus Grandma's recipes are always a winner! X
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! xx
DeleteThese look delicious x
ReplyDeleteGlad you like them! xx
DeleteOh wow don't these look delicious I haven't made home made scones in ages! There's nothing like a warm scone with a culpa I may have to attempt to make these don't think they'll look quite as neat as yours…but it's the taste that matters I guess haha :) x
ReplyDeletehttp://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk
I didn't even use cutters so they're not that neat! But let me know how you get on! xx
Delete