Dress: Primark. Top: Primark. Boots: Asos. Handbag: Sainsburys. Earrings: New Look.
I can't decide if I like this look. I love the idea of over the knee boots - they look fashionable and slick on other bloggers and have inspired many of my recent Pinterest style board pins. However, there is an undoubted risk of looking like I'm from Pretty Woman and I do feel rather self-conscious. These Asos boots are lovely thanks to their suede material but they have a higher heel than I was expecting, which means that they aren't as easy to casually wear as I had hoped. It's all in the attitude, I'm sure!
I decided the secret to wearing these over the knee boots was to add some sixties styling. I chose this shift dress from Primark, which I layered with a long sleeved striped top underneath for added warmth (although the benefit of over the knee boots is that you can also wear comfy warm socks underneath!) Since the shift dress isn't too fitted, I think it balances it out the boots. Finally, I added this handbag from Sainsbury's of all places. It's got plenty of pockets and fits my camera in nicely and the long strap makes it easy to throw on and go about my day.
What do you think of the trend for over the knee boots? What are your tips to make this look more versatile?
I decided the secret to wearing these over the knee boots was to add some sixties styling. I chose this shift dress from Primark, which I layered with a long sleeved striped top underneath for added warmth (although the benefit of over the knee boots is that you can also wear comfy warm socks underneath!) Since the shift dress isn't too fitted, I think it balances it out the boots. Finally, I added this handbag from Sainsbury's of all places. It's got plenty of pockets and fits my camera in nicely and the long strap makes it easy to throw on and go about my day.
What do you think of the trend for over the knee boots? What are your tips to make this look more versatile?
Jess
You babe! I love those boots. I think if I were to wear them I'd end up looking like someone from Pretty Woman.. or my little legs would disappear! I'm off to go stalk those boots on ASOS now...
ReplyDeleteDannie x
www.famousinjapan.co.uk
Thanks so much Daniella! I think it's all in the confidence - join the over the knee brigade ;)
Deletexx
They're amazing and well paired with the dress!
ReplyDeleteThanks lovely! xx
DeleteI love this look! They look amazing on you. I really want a pair of boots like this but I've told myself no more new shoes until I REALLY need a new pair. However, whilst writing this, I've realised that I could probably break the rule seeing as they are boots and not just any old pair of shoes haha!
ReplyDeleteHaha boots are totally separate to shoes - they're a must in the Winter, right? xx
DeleteI love this outfit and think the boots look great on you! :)
ReplyDeleteJessica
the.pyreflies.org
Thank you so much! xx
DeleteThis trend isn't one that would ever suit a girl of my frame haha, but you've got such an amazing figure you look fab in this. Both in photos and in person too ;)
ReplyDeleteSharon x
http://stargazyeyes.blogspot.co.uk/
Awww I'm sure you would look wonderful but thank you very much! xx
DeleteThe boots are lovely, but it's sucky when you feel self conscious when you're wearing something, I try to stop out of my comfort zone sometime. I had to do it with dresses, I never used to wear dresses but always wanted to but felt self conscious. Now all I wear is dresses. That's a win.
ReplyDeleteI'm imagine my face peering through the kitchen window...
Corinne x
And you look awesome in dresses, so I suppose it shows that sometimes getting out of your comfort zone pays off
Deletexx
love your boots!! i just got myself a pair too!
ReplyDeleteAine Oh
Aww thank you! Glad you've also embraced the trend!xx
Deletethis is such a cute look! i got some over knee boots recently and am dying to wear them on my blog
ReplyDeletefrom helen at thelovecatsinc.com
ooo I'll have to keep an eye out - you always look so stylish! xx
Delete