Sunday, 15 November 2015

A Week in Yorkshire

I like to say that I am an adopted Yorkshirewoman. No, I’m not actually from there, but after spending three years at university in York, I fell in love with God’s Own Country and my dream is to move to Leeds and work there. So when I’m From Yorkshire got in touch, I decided to overlook the fact that this isn’t technically quite true and share some of their products, alongside my most recent stay in Yorkshire:

pennine-way-stoodley-pike
yorkshire-sculpture-park
poppies-yorkshire-sculpture-park


Im-from-yorkshire-tshirts



yorkshire-clothing



















































Tshirts: Both from I'm From Yorkshire* Skirt: Primark. Jeans: American Eagle. Boots: Clarks

I spent the October half term in a beautiful holiday cottage from Sykes Cottages. I discovered Sykes Cottages thanks to my first bloggers’ holiday but their dog-friendly cottages are perfect for a UK break as a family. We always head to the Sykes website when we are looking for a UK cottage break and they have a huge range of options across the country. This time, we had a fantastic cottage called 1 Fell Side, located a few miles from Todmorden in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales with a stunning view of Stoodley Pike from our garden.

Our cottage was the perfect base for our week in Yorkshire. Stoodley Pike was either an extremely steep 25 minute climb or a slightly more sedate but longer walk to the top of the hill, resulting in stunning views of the surrounding area. We could also walk to Todmorden along the canals or drive further afield. We spent one day visiting Ilkley, a favourite of mine which I wanted to introduce my parents to. We treated ourselves to a couple of fat rascals from Bettys before heading to Friends of Ham for lunch, as they are now dog friendly - a huge bonus for us! We then wandered around Ilkley and the surrounding rivers before heading back with a very tired dog! 

Another day, we headed to Haworth, which I have wanted to visit for years. I love Jane Eyre and I was fascinated to visit 'Bronte Country.' The Bronte Parsonage Museum was fascinating but morbid, when you realise quite how many members of the Bronte family have died in the Parsonage, and I was excited to see the 'little books' which the Bronte sisters are known for - they really are miniscule! Finally, we had to visit the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, especially the poppies. We had missed the chance to see the poppies in London so we were glad to get the chance to see them in Yorkshire. They really are a stunning tribute to World War One and will be staying at the park until January.

Throughout the week, I couldn't resist wearing my I'm From Yorkshire tees. I love the Little Miss and Mr Yorkshire ranges, and picked out this L'il Miss Flippin Eck t-shirt* as soon as I spotted it. I've been feeling particularly clumsy recently and I think the Little Miss figure represents me rather accurately! I also couldn't resist the Eeh Bah Gum t-shirt* although, I have a confession - I have no idea what eeh bah gum actually means! Can any real Northeners help me out? I really like the fit and they are great quality; something I don't always expect from 'novelty' t-shirts. Coming up to Christmas, there are a brilliant gift idea for any Yorkshireman, woman or fan of Yorkshire!

Where are your favourite spots to visit in Yorkshire? Where should I go next?

Jess
Bloglovin Twitter . Instagram -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...