Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Roxy Ballroom Leeds

Yesterday, I was invited by Tia from Roqaa PR to try out one of Leeds new bars; Roxy Ballroom. It's a new bar where you can not only have some great beers and cocktails, but play ping pong or snooker in a sociable and relaxed environment. As soon as I heard two words, I knew that I wanted to try this place out; beer pong! It's a students' dream!


























I loved the laid-back and 'unpolished' atmosphere of Roxy Ballrooms; the owners told us how keen they had been keen to keep the original features of the place and included various characteristics, such as the graffiti and mesh fences, to give the place the look of an American basement-style sports bar. The location is great, just above Cafe Nero in the Trinity Centre, and provides a great view and feeling of space once you've headed up the stairs into the bar.



We were lucky enough to be given the VIP room for the evening, which includes your own pool table, ping pong table and a huge fridge. Hiring this room costs £20 an hour for one table, or £30 for both. However, the space can fit over 60 people so the price per person is really great value. Furthermore, Roxy will stock the giant fridge with anything you want, including cocktails, beers and wine so all you need to do if help yourself. It's the perfect combination of a house party vibe in a more special environment - plus you don't have to clean up the next day!





















































The 'Ping Pong Punch' was scrummy and we all had great fun attempting to play ping pong, although I can't pretend that it ended very successfully! Outside the VIP room, games tables cost £4.50 per half hour, except on Friday and Saturdays after 5pm which costs £6. Beer pong is free, except the cost of four cans of beer - pretty good huh?

Tomorrow night, Roxy Ballroom will also start serving food with the launch of their new kitchen. Fitting in with their chilled out vibe, you will be able to order a variety of pizzas, grilled sandwiches and sharers to munch on. I love the look of both the shredded pork and chipotle chicken grilled sandwiches served with potato wedges for £8 each, along with the smashing jaffa ice cream pie for a sweet and cheap £4 dessert. Delicious!

Overall, it's a great bar and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I was also excited to hear about the soon-to-open Roxy Lanes - this time, the sport is tenpin bowling! Doesn't bowling and cocktails sound like a fabulous night out? I can't wait to try it out! In the mean time, get down to Roxy Ballroom for an original and fun-filled night to remember.

Jess
Bloglovin Twitter . Instagram -

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...