Saturday, 25 January 2014

Overnight Oats with Acai and Goji Berry Tea

Hey there! I've had quite an eventful week this week, starting with a dartboard falling on my head which has given me a lovely bout of concussion and my first ever trip to A&E! As a result, I've been stuck in bed for most of the week feeling rather sorry for myself. However, yesterday I discovered Whittard's Healthy New Year Blogger Carnival Competition and decided that it looked like a great pick me up.


Whittard Teas want bloggers to share their healthy, detoxing or simply wholesome recipe perfect for that January feel-good fix. My poorly head certainly feels like it needs something fresh and energising, so I decided to use some of Whittard's Acai and Goji Berry Tea as the base for my recipe. Breakfast is the one meal that I frequently forget about and I want to focus on improving in 2014, so I decided to create an overnight oats recipe, using tea.

You will need:
2 mug of porridge oats
1/2 mug of hot water
Acai and Goji Berry Caffeine Free Fruit Infusion Tea (c/o Whittard) or similar fruit tea
Handful of fresh or frozen berries 
Any other fruits, spices or nuts you might want to add

























1. Brew your tea for at least an hour in 1/2 mug of water, until cool and strong. I used loose tea, which I store in this lovely pot I got for Christmas, and gives a rich, fruity flavour. 

2. Pour your oats into a bowl (I added about two third's of a mug's worth). Strain your tea if you used a loose blend tea like I did, or squeeze out your teabag and remove from your infusion. Add to the oats mixture and stir.

3. Add any fruits, spices or nuts you have to hand into a bowl and stir. I simply used a handful of frozen berries for a simple and cheap addition of vitamins and flavour.

























4. Leave to steep overnight and in the morning, heat up over the stove or in the microwave for about 2 and a half minutes. Add a little honey or sugar and enjoy!

The beauty of overnight oats is obviously that they are ready and prepared for you in the morning - all you need to do is warm them up! They are also endlessly adaptable - this simply mix can be constantly changed by adding different fruits - such as apple, blueberries or raspberries - spices, including cinnamon and nutmeg, or even a variety of healthy nuts and raisins. How you do like to make yours? I'd love to see some recipes!

Jess
Bloglovin Twitter . Instagram -

2 comments:

  1. This actually sounds really nice, I may have to give it a try - I'm not usually a fan of porridge or oatmeal so this should be interesting! Thanks for sharing, and I hope your head is feeling better.

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally, but this definitely makes it much more interesting! Thanks so much, I'm feeling much better now! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...