I've recently joined the protein bandwagon thanks to MyProtein and have quite enjoyed getting into the routine of a protein shake after my workouts. These drinks from Upbeat are advertised as protein drinks, but I personally wouldn't have them post-workout. They are more suitable for a quick 'on-the-go' breakfast or snack. There is quite a high sugar content, 11g, as well as the high protein of 20g and are only 145 calories a bottle, so I wouldn't have lots of these a day but they are great for a quick and easy boost.
There are currently three great flavours; chocolate orange, raspberry and blueberry and strawberry flavour. I was expecting a milkshake taste but these are definitely more of a protein drink (which is what they are advertised as, so I don't really know why I found this to be a surprise!) My favourite was definitely the raspberry and blueberry flavour, as these are two of my favourite fruits. I wasn't as keen on the chocolate orange, but I always find that chocolate flavoured protein tastes a little odd to me.
I love the slogan "willpower in a bottle" and the whole fun feeling to the brand. My only question is quite who the target audience is. I think that most people who want a quick fix or meal replacement are more likely to choose a yoghurt or some fruit. However, if you are wanting to take your protein more seriously, you are likely to buy in bulk from a specific protein brand. I think it's more for those shoppers who want to pick up something to 'keep them going' and give you that extra bit of willpower.
Have you tried Upbeat?
Make sure you enter my giveaway for a £40 voucher to spend at Wasabi!
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment