Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Strawberry Shortcake

Hello! As you may have noticed, yesterday I changed the layout and design of my blog a little. I've been unhappy with my blog design for some time and now that the holidays are here, I wanted to take advantage of the time to give my blog a revamp. This process always takes me a very long time, as I am still teaching myself how to edit the various elements of my blog, but it is always very rewarding when I finally succeed!
The main change I made is my new blog header, inspired by a little shoot I had in my garden. I thought I would share the original photos with you today, including my lovely new vintage-inspired dress:






Dress: From Vintage to Vogue (via York Does Vintage Fair). Belt: Primark. Shoes: Topshop. Necklace: c/o Bluefinch Boutique. Earrings: Culture Vulture.

First of all, the dress. At my visit to the York Does Vintage fair, I spotted Lynda's stall and was instantly drawn to it. She makes all her own vintage-style dresses and skirts in a variety of beautiful fabrics, and I couldn't resist this strawberry Cath Kidston-esque pattern. The fit and length are perfect - it is exactly the kind of dress I would make for myself, if I had any skill at sewing, so I was more than happy to let Lynda do all the hard work for me! I have a feeling that I will picking up this dress in a new print at every Yorkshire vintage fair from now on. Lynda also chatted to me about planning to set up an online shop so I will definitely keep you all posted if she does so!

As fun as this dress is to pose in anyway, I got a bit carried away with my 'blog header' shoot and designed a banner too. I cut out some hearts from red card, wrote my name on it and threaded them together with some spare wool. I then used an app called Graphite Lite on my iPad to trace the image and pretend that I am an illustrator! Although I still have doubts about my blog name, I feel like it is too late to change and I do like that it includes my name. I hope that this little revamp will allow me to properly embrace it.

What do you think of my new design? What apps and websites do you use for your blog headers and buttons?

<3
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this outfit so much. You look lovely! I love the dress so much. Great pictures, and I love the cute cut outs and how its your blog header! Also I just wanted to say I love your blog too xx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...