Last weekend, I headed to my favourite place in the
country, Leeds, for a very special reason – the Bloggers’ Blog Awards. Hayley,
from Tea Party Beauty, had the genius idea a few months ago to set up a blog awards, run by bloggers for bloggers. Sometimes, this industry can get a little
competitive and negative and it was wonderful to attend a day which was full of
positivity and love for each other and the words we write on the internet.
The event was held at Lambert’s Yard, a beautifully light and spacious venue in the centre of Leeds. I didn’t know Lambert’s Yard had a shop and I was really impressed with the clothes in the store, including Lazy Oaf and some kick-ass handbags by Joanna Pybus. The venue was also amazing and myself, Hayley, Corinne, Sharon and Sammie spent the morning preparing the space for the 60 attending bloggers – with the help of some prosecco and macarons of course!
Hayley had got some incredible brands involved to provide prizes for the winners and goodies for the raffle. Talented Talkers had provided their support for the event, alongside some excellent tote bags - mine is coming in very handy thanks to the new 5p carrier bag charge! Erica did an amazing job with the raffle and I was over the moon to win a Clarisonic - it's already dramatically changed my skin and I'm looking forward to reviewing it soon. My favourite discovery of the event was the gorgeous Jewellery Box jewels; the gold arrow ring in my goody box went straight onto my finger and has barely left since. There are simply so many brands and bloggers to mention, I know I won't be able to do it but I'll be sharing some of my goodies and thanking brands in future posts and on Twitter - I hope that's good enough! If you want to stalk the amazing brands involved, check out Hayley's posts on the day.
When it came to the awards, every blogger who won was so
deserving and it was so uplifting to see the genuine disbelief and excitement
on their faces. Yes, Jemma from Dorkface and Hayley, I am thinking about you two! It reminded me that hardly anyone seems to have belief in
themselves in the blogging world, and although this creates some amazing
down-to-earth and humble people, perhaps we all need to believe in ourselves a
little more!
I've had a huge smile on my face this week thanks to my wonderful weekend in Leeds and it's incredible to see the long reaching effects of the event as the #BloggersBlogAwards hashtag is still full of such positivity and love. Hayley, you are a tour de force and I love you. Everyone else, see you next year for the Bloggers' Blog Awards 2!
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment