I've probably mentioned before that I am not the kind of girl who wears jeans. I am definitely a dresses and skirts girl - somehow jeans don't look quite right on me. However, when I recently went shopping with a friend and popped in to American Eagle Outfitters, I somehow found myself trying on jeans. They were a bargain at just £15 rather than the £40ish they were originally listed as and I picked up some skinnies and these mom jeans to try on. The skinny jeans were quickly rejected but I found myself loving these dark mom jeans. The rips are very 'trendy' but I don't think they look too daft on me - at least I hope not! I like the oversized casual style, the high-waist and the rolled bottoms. I think this fit suits my shape much better than standard skinny jeans - take note, short girls with thighs - and works well with an oversized casual top.
Today I teamed the jeans with my latest Harry Potter top from Primark. Since I was getting out of my comfort zone with the jeans, I decided to stick to something I love on the top half, so it had to be a Harry Potter top! I love the cute cropped vest too style and, of course, the Mauraders Map motto "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." It's great to chuck on with these jeans or some other high waisted bottoms. I added some chunky boots which I picked up for just £10 from Primark. They're great to 'toughen up' a look - a phrase which I always feel ridiculous and pretentious using, but it's the perfect description for chunky, slightly masculine boots.
I couldn't resist getting my pose on in my garden; I definitely got slightly carried away! However, these jeans might be the start of my conversion to the denim side of fashion. I am amazed by quite how comfortable they are, as the fabric is super soft and the slightly oversized feel means you don't have to pour yourself into them. They are simply perfect for casual days or drinks with friends and I love it when choosing something out of your comfort zone pays off.
What are your thoughts on denim? What do you think of the outfit?
I couldn't resist getting my pose on in my garden; I definitely got slightly carried away! However, these jeans might be the start of my conversion to the denim side of fashion. I am amazed by quite how comfortable they are, as the fabric is super soft and the slightly oversized feel means you don't have to pour yourself into them. They are simply perfect for casual days or drinks with friends and I love it when choosing something out of your comfort zone pays off.
What are your thoughts on denim? What do you think of the outfit?
Jess

No comments:
Post a Comment