Thursday, 4 September 2014

Summer Picnic

This summer has been full of quality family time for me, mixed in with a lot of work, and one day I decided to spend a sunny afternoon having a wonderful picnic:





























I wanted to make the most of these fabulous Hamper Baskets duo* by creating a scrumptious picnic for my family. Country Baskets sells a variety of floristry supplies as well as other home accessories. I couldn't resist these adorable hamper baskets, which are cleverly designed to fit into one another, and now look great stacked upon one another in my bedroom. Today, I packed the smaller basket full of cheese scones and home-made sausage rolls, along with some cherry tomatoes, cheeses and chorizo. In the larger hamper, I baked a classic Victoria sponge, using Mary Berry's recipe (of course!)

I also had the chance to try some Ryvita in an exciting new limited edition tin, designed by Ben de Lisi.* I love the striking geometric design which looks very smart beside my kitchen window. It's a great way to store my Ryvita as I'm trying to be healthier - despite the fact that the rest of this picnic isn't very healthy at all! It's all about the balance, right?

What would you include in your dream picnic?

Jess
Bloglovin Twitter . Instagram -

2 comments:

  1. I've never had a cheese scone but looking at yours I beef to try them.
    When me and Chris picnic we take veggie sausage rolls and veggie scotch eggs (Chris loves them) strawberrys, cheesy puffs and cider. We're not bakers. Next time defo having scones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo cheese scones are delicious, definitely try them! A veggie picnic sounds lovely :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...